Since the introduction of smartphones, mobile devices have started reserving the broad ground for themselves as they dominant over the traditional desktop platforms. In fact, from the year 2013, we are witnessing smartphones taking over the sales of desktops. Switching from website development to mobile application development can be a difficult task for many business organizations especially when you have spends thousands of dollars and years of time specializing in the field. But in the end, difficult things allows you to grow in the field.
Today, more than 50 per cent of all web traffic comes from mobile users and the number is just growing day by day. The overall increase in mobile phone users has opened new doors for mobile app development. As a business owner, you must be feeling left behind a bit if you have not updated your website to include the mobile devices. We all know that responsive design is a great solution to make a website mobile-friendly but here comes the thing. Every business organisation want to tame the new beast in the market which is the mobile application.
Let’s start with the available options
There are several available options for developing the mobile application. Which option will work totally depends on the goals, background and environment of your business? Broadly there are three available options for mobile app development.
- Native iOS development with Objective C
- Android development with Java
- Cross-platform HTML mobile development with Phone Gap
Before jumping up to the mobile app development there are certain things to need to ask yourself starting from: –
Related Post: Importance of Mobile-Friendly Websites
What Kind of an Mobile App Do You Want to Make?
As a business owner, you must be looking forward to creating business style applications? To go further you need to make sure what kinds app you actually want to make whether it is mobile apps like Instagram and Facebook? Or you want to create processor intensive mobile applications and 3D games.
What is Your Development Environment?
The section and the most important thing you need to about is your development environment. You need to make sure whether you are developing on a Mac or window computer? Or you are willing to bring Mac for application development?
What Skills do You Have?
Do you come from a strong web development background? Or you are willing to hire mobile app development for your business?
Which Approach Should You Choose?
When it comes to choosing the suitable approach you need to understand your business goals and preferences in developing a mobile app.
- HTML5 / PhoneGap for iOS and Android: – To develop a mobile application that works on both iOS and Android you can use various HTML 5 mobile frameworks such as Sencha Touch and JQuery mobile and combine them with PhoneGap. In the result, you will receive a mobile application that works on both Android and iOS.
- Objective C swift with iOS: When it comes to creating a native application you have the access to almost everything that device has to offer. Of course, you have to choose between iOS and Android applications depending on your c based programming languages.
- Java for Android: It is just a matter of deciding whether you want to develop an iOS or Android. If you look around you will find that the android has a dominating marketing.
Eventually both mobile app development and web development is essential for business to grow. Qdexi Technology has a team of professionals who will guide you through the entire mobile app development process.