Have you been noticing that your eCommerce customers are abandoning your shopping process? There could be many possible reasons for that. What if they couldn’t find the right products on your website or ordering process might seem little lengthy to them? If such things are happening on your website, then don’t expect that users to come back. You might have used Magento Development Services to create a perfect store but all your efforts are incomplete if its on-site search results are not getting better.
In this blog, we are going to share some simple tips that you can use for improving the on-site search results. If you truly want to make your Magento store successful than ever then be sure to implement these practices.
How to Make On-Site Search Easier for the Customers?
Set Up Redirects for All Major Terms and Their Significant Results in Your Store
Let’s suppose; you have a clothing eCommerce website. On exploring your search history you find out that the most searched term is “T-shirt.” This is one of the highest searched keywords. You should have a category landing page that is majorly dedicated to the term t-shirt. Use this opportunity to set up a redirect so when your customers will search the term “t-shirt,” it will redirect your customers to that landing page. Make sure that the landing page is displaying the top and best-selling products.
This would provide your customers with rich experience. Generally, these landing pages comprise of full-faced subcategory, minimal navigation, static block content, etc. To implement this function in Magento, here is what you have to do:
- Go to Catalog, and then go to Search Term.
- Click the “Add New Search Term” for creating a unique search term. You can also edit the available Related Search Term in the list.
- When you will come to the redirect URL field, you have to write down the path you would like your customers to visit.
- After finishing, you can simply click “save search.”
In Magento, the standard search configuration is usually set to “like.” This will provide an tremendous result. To fix it, here is what you have to do:
- Go to System, then Catalog and then to Catalog Search.
- Select “Fulltext” for Search Type drop-down option.
- Next, you have to click the “Save Config” button.
- Go to System and then Index Management. This will help in re indexing the “Catalog Search Index” before you can view the outcome of this configuration.
You can take eCommerce development services from the experts to set up on-site search on your website.
Find Out the Keywords That Needs to Be Included in Search Functionality
There are numerous attributes available in your online store. There is no need to include them in the search function. To manage your attributes, here is what you have to do:
- Go to Catalog, and then click on Attributes, and after that click on Manage Attributes.
Select attributes that should be incorporated into your search function. Do not impulsively take all the attributes. Choose the ones that are relevant to your content. Make sure that you are not choosing the ones that would be useless. Long name attributes include more terms within. This will provide a load of words that have no significance at all for search.
Reach Out to Qdexi Technology for Magento Development Services
Magento is capable of providing so much more. Choosing Magento can fulfill your various purposes. Qdexi Technology offers reliable Magento development service where you can get online solutions at affordable price. Contact today!