Over the decades, so many changes are observed in the Content management system. Just like, earlier static web pages were created on HTML whereas today the customized website is formed on the PHP to give the personalized experience. Certainly, a lot of changes are observed in the content management system development service. Let us explore the history and current status of the Content management system to get a clear picture.
Web-Based CMSs in 2000’s- Past Description
- In the very beginning of 2000, Open Sources CMSs like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla came into existence. The sole reason behind their presence is to make the Content Management System (CMS) powerful and easier so that if any non-technical person wanted to use this CMS, then it looks easier for him.
- Initially, the same pattern is followed by all the CMSs. They contained both that is the front-end and backend of the websites. It was built to store images, assets, files, texts, and so forth. It can be easily stored, downloaded, displayed, and managed.
- After that RSS came into the spotlight. It was followed by mobile devices which bring responsive designing in the CMSs. Earlier, web pages on mobile were formed only for the Blackberries (it were on frontends), whereas other smartphones have deprived of this feature.
- Backend consists of files, texts, images, assets, multimedia. After that, it needed to make comment on the post, that is user generated content which can be displayed on the website. However, all these were composed in the backend.
- When Companies and People started using CMSs, then the requirement of open source functionality get increased. It became essential to managing content, administrators, writers, and editors which ultimately lead to the making of account functionality. That means users should require a login for the admin access. Later on, CMS built the permission services so that the user can easily access his account.
Fast Forward to Present Situation
- Centralized CMS
This CMSs allows users to gather, distribute, and manage content from a particular location. It makes easier for multiple users to access the content. Basically, website development services in Canada offers various CMS including version control, editing, retrieval, indexing, and search.
- Context-Aware Content Management
Today, many companies are asking to deliver valuable online marketing efforts so that they can achieve a great result in a short period of time. Here, you can check out the significance of CMS, It has been defined that those systems which fully understand the concept of what, when & how content is delivered can show astounding parameters.
In this blog, we have learned about the importance of CMS, in the past and present world. In the next blog, we will get to know what will be the contribution of CMS in the future world. Stay Tuned with us!
Qdexi Technology is a leading USA based company that fundamentally deals with web design, web development, reputation management, Search engine optimization, social media optimization etc. Our top-notch internet marketing strategy is keenly designed to drive more traffic, CTR, ROI toward the website.