When it comes to delivering progressive web apps (PWA) there are three fundamental approaches depending on the architecture of your business organization. Although commerce-led and experience-led are considered by many while delivering PWA, API-led is the one that stays on the top of the list. What is the so-called reason behind this? The API-led PWA comes as a foremost option because it separates customer-facing experience from the backend business logic that enhances agility and opens the doors of opportunities for the businesses.
How to Implement API-Led PWA?
There are generally three ways to implement API-led PWA; create a custom-based front-end, utilize the vertically integrated references and leverage the front end service. Now, if you have time and budget to implement any of these three then what would you choose? As to be frank here, implementing API-led PWA is both time and money consuming task. Therefore, it is suggested to compare all three ways to implement API-led PWA in respect to the integrations management and shopper experience. So, rather than debating with your inner thoughts it is better to consult with the professional website development service provider in USA or you can just dive into the below post.
Many businesses consider custom front-end as a reliable option but in reality, it is not that valuable to your business. To create custom front-end, the team have to spend a large portion of their time and energy on building the foundation with the frameworks, designs, and components which doesn’t directly add any value to the business. So, you are sparing a thought to implement a custom front-end approach then take the below complexities into consideration.
The shopper experience
- PWA surely handover the tools to be fast but when it is come to scale down your performance, it is quite challenging. So, in nutshell, your team must possess the capabilities requires to achieve the optimal performance.
- The design team working on the API-led PWA need to design a diverse set of patterns and principle to deliver the appearance and feel to the PWA.
- Expanding and managing it to the new technology points like native apps, AMP and desktop can be challenging for the team.
- PWA is famous for its complexities which sets a high bar in term of experience so, the quality can be better.
- The integration process further complicates as the new opportunities emerge to integrate into the mobile operating system. Each and every one of them will require an effective design and pattern to deliver the good experience and the worst part is all of this would need to be built right from scratch. Companies can obtain custom web application development service from an experienced web development agency to fill this gap.
Vertically Integrated Solutions
A vertically integrated solution is when a single vendor supply both the front-end experience and backend experience and API is what separates them from each other. The vendor could be either an e-commerce platform or CMS vendor that provides decoupled front-end. Let’s spare a glance at the complexities of a vertically integrated solution.
The shopper experience
- While relying on the single vendor, the retailer generally comprises with the speed and depends on the roadmap. As the backend experts, they will never drive the front-end at the speed of backend drive.
- The references storefront surely provides some guidance with examples and starting points but they lack the necessary details to create a great PWA experience.
- Apart from the code, the support received via component libraries, performance tuning, and other levels of polish are limited to a point. So, refined efforts will be needed to turn references into the high-performance experience.
- The fundamental assumptions under the API led to integration that shopper experience that eventually affects how the e-commerce system actually work but not the way how modern shoppers want it to work. As you start adapting and implementing shopper-centric designs it becomes more difficult to morph the original vendor specific codes and flaws.
- The reference storefronts that come with the vertically integrated solution have limited inbuilt frameworks and architecture that is designed for common integration like multivariate testing, analytics and more. Hence, building and maintaining e-commerce integration become more difficult than ever. However, you can always choose to hire a web development solution from a web development company to implement API-led PWA using Vertically Integrated Solutions
In the end, after comparing both routes to the API-Led Progressive Web App on the basis of shopper experience and integration management, you will find that both of them lacks some features here and there but it is up to the requirement of you and your company that what features you prefer the most.